• Providing current Polish and English language materials for our members’ enjoyment.
• Preserving an array of materials on Polish arts and traditions for Polish Americans interested in their heritage.
• Maintaining a collection of biographies, histories, and social sciences available to student researchers.
The Library contains over 5000 titles, audio books, CDs, DVDs and videos on all aspects of Polish culture. New titles are added every month. We also have a large number of fiction and children’s books and a Rosetta Stone terminal available for practicing Polish grammar and vocabulary.
See what is in the PACIM Library: PACIM Library Catalog.
Always call (the best time to call is during library hours on Sundays) before making a special trip to the library for something. There are always a number of items checked out to other PACIM members. The library catalog is always being updated. The version of the catalog on the web will be updated periodically, but the most up-to-date version is only available at the PACIM Library.
At the library, we will also be working on several projects over the next year:
1) updating all the DVD records to indicate if they are in the US (NTSC/Region 1) format or in the European (PAL/Region 2) format
2) a complete inventory of the collection to identify lost items
Polish readers who like criminal fiction, check out “Cztery Żywioły” Katarzyny Bondy. The library has the first two books in this series, Pochłaniacz (2014) and Okularnik (2015), which are both Empik bestsellers. English readers will have to wait another year, the first title is scheduled for release in English in 2017 (http://www.thenews.pl/1/11/Artykul/213714,Queen-of-Polish-crime-writing-Bonda-to-be-translated).
The public is invited to use the library facilities. However, materials may be checked out only by PACIM members.